Starting September 1st , The Golden Arrow tournament
will be held at Scott Park in Goodyear. Every 1st Saturday of the month
The cost for a team of 5 men and/or women is $175.
20% of the entry fee will go to The Honey Foundation.
Sign up early to make sure you have a spot.
Signups will be accepted the day for he tournament
The maximum number of teams we can have and keep the required time to 3 hours is 10.
The minimum number of teams for the tournament to be held is 4 . If there is not enough teams signed up by the Monday of the tournament we will refund all of the entry fees. If your team need to pull out the entry fee is fully refundable until 1 week before the tournament. Use the contact us page to let us know.
Check the brackets page to see how many games you will be playing. This will be based on the number of teams that sign up. The current plan for a full roster is round robin for the first groups with the best 2 teams from each group in a double elimination to find 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
There will be prizes. A t-shirt or mug, and gift certificates.
On the day of the tournament we will ask for volunteers from each team to help watch for hits and bring arrows back from out of bounds.
There will be packaged snacks and drinks available for sale, you are welcome to bring your own.
Use the contact us page for any questions or clarifications.
Check this page for any updates.
Stuff to know!
Elimination Tournament Rules
The object of this style of play is to have the most players and target spots remaining at the end of a timed game
All players on the field will wear a face mask and have the bow in hand while on the field
There is a Safe Zone between both teams fields:
• A player should not be targeted while in the save zone.
• The player shall not fire while in the safe zone.
Start of Game
Players will start with bow in hand and at the far end of their field.
The arrows will be in the safe zone when the signal sounds players will retrieve arrows from the safe zone.
Getting a Player Out
A player is considered out and must leave the field if:
• The player is hit with an opposing teams arrow in any of the following areas:
◦ Players body (including the head)
◦ Any and all clothing (uniform)
◦ Any equipment (bows, arrows, masks, etc.)
• The player shoots an arrow that is caught mid-air by an opposing player
• Players hit while out of bounds are considered out.
• If a referee sees a person in the safe zone collecting arrows they can be called as out.
• If a player is purposely out of bound a referee can call them out.
• Once an arrow hits the ground or another person it is considered dead.
• If the arrow hits the bunker then a player that player is still out.
Players should raise their bow above there head to signal they have been hit
Recalling a Player
A player can return to the game if:
• A teammate catches an opponent's arrow in mid-air.
• When a target spot from front of the opposing teams field is knocked out.
End of Game
The game ends when:
• When the countdown timer is complete
• When all players from one side are eliminated
At the end of the countdown if there are equal points on each side play will continue until another point is scored braking the tie .
We do not have instant replay, and will do our best to make accurate calls.
© Sherwood Adventure LLC 2018